* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moon In the Seventh House



You do remember the song, don't you? I set the alarm for 2am and we climbed back into bed in an hour. If you're looking for high-quality, amazing photography, this isn't it. Just a couple of fruitcakes who should have been asleep but wanted to experience something bigger than they were. I kept thinking how quiet it was out, and how the lining of up the hot sun, wild and wacky earth, and Mr. Moon is just an incredible experience. And I remembered the early Apollo missions and how there have actually been people on the moon. As a child, I'd stare and stare -- just knowing that I could see the people walking around their space capsule on the moon. Is it so wrong to dream and imagine?
I can't say enough about the plethora (that's a big word for me, kids) of good will, encouraging emails, and uplifting comments you all have sent me regarding my "Answer in the Sky Post." What's really drawn this whole mess together is the way that you've opened your hearts and minds -- and drawn upon your own experience and pain -- to bring me some good advice. It's also interesting to me that we exist in this blogosphere world, day in and day out, and don't know half of what we could about out fellow bloggers. The internet can be funny that way. And when one of us is suddenly down, the Blogosphere Emergency Services arrive bringing help, advice, and virtual hugs. Your stories are something else. And I know full well it's all about going through an experience, not around. But a girl can have a down day (or six) once in a while, right? To you all, I owe my happiness and thanks. I've actually saved all of the emails and comments and am wondering how I can wrestle them all into a future anonymous post.
Today is a day for the beach (yes, THIS beach or THAT beach). Time to clear my head again. Plus, I usually stop at Burgerville for lunch on the way, so that's not bad incentive either (spicy black bean gardenburger combo with hot fries and Diet Coke....no mayo, only onions, lettuce, pickles, tomato). And, of course, they have the Walla Walla onion rings in season right now. Along with delicious, creamy milkshakes if one should so desire to clog up their arteries (which I do occasionally).
I don't even want to tell you that I've spotted a couple of trees in my neighborhood that have funny colors on them already....a crimson shade of red, bright lemony yellow. Ah oh, I'm afraid it's nearly that time of year again. And, no, the camping isn't going to get done this year again.
And, I can't close withtout laughing and giggling at fellow Idahoan Republican Senator Larry Craig whose politics I've been familiar with for many years. Apparently, his staunch stance on "one man, one woman" actually means "several men, a cop, and one woman." Another of the wide variety of hypocrites whose actions speak louder than their words.

25 comments:

Trailhead said...

Hey there. Long time no comment.

Burgerville.... You're making me hungry. My regular is the 3-piece halibut fish 'n chips. Yum. And at 100 calories per fish piece, its all good if I can find someone to share the fries! But don't even mention the onion rings, because those just make me lose control entirely.

You're not the only one seeing early leafy color. For the last two years I've seen the fall color start in late August.

I hope things are better.

Anonymous said...

If I read correctly, you are coming back up for air and that makes us all very happy!!

A Lewis said...

Trailhead!!! Yeah....you're still around. Nice to hear from you. Makes me feel good to know that there are still Burgerville addicts other than me. Stay in touch.

Steven said...

Just remember to bring appropriate cover (or not) to the beach.

I hope the needed rest at beachside can further clear your mind of the sadness from yesterday.

Jimmi said...

See I need the option of being able to go to the beach on the weekends...If I try its at least a 5 hour drive to CA, LOL

Howard said...

I cannot WAIT until we hit Autumn. My favorite season and have fun at the 'beaches'. Oh, the memories of going there.

No, nothing naughty, I was too shy an naive to actually go lay around naked. I do remember that I went into the water and skinny dipped though.

I'm so going to hell. Hope you have a great time.

Jack said...

"But a girl can have a down day (or six) once in a while"

Yeah you can, but you can't stop us from caring.

Dave2 said...

The Senator Larry Craig news cycle has been the source of big laughs as each new detail and denial leaks out ("I have a wide stance when I pee..." classic!). Is there an anti-gay senator or gay-hostile televangelist, who HASN'T been caught-up in a sex scandal yet?

Anonymous said...

I must have just missed the eclipse by an hour or so. Rats.

Well your photos were beautiful. And I'm glad you have so many wonderful people that reach out to you, in the same way that you reach out to all of us :)

Not Joe, Joe is my dog said...

Oh my god, every year I get a text message from my best friend in Portland, "Blackberry shakes are back at Burgerville! Have one, claim amnesia, have another."

As for the eclipse, as I was puttering about before bed, I noticed how BRIGHT the moon was, then as I headed to bed at 3 am (yeah, I love the nightlife, and doing laundry) I got to see the eclipse. Just stood on the back deck of the house in my undies looking up at the sky. Hey, it was dark and no one could see me.

Am I to understand that you fly in the sky for money?

TigerYogi said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better Hon! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

"Goodnight moon" ... dreaming and imagining are what fuel hope. When I watched the moon last night, I thought of the many countless humans doing the same thing in awe and in peace. It put all my anxieties and worries into proper perspective. I'm glad you're feeling better, Lewis.

Steve said...

I used to love that 5th Dimension Song; and I missed the eclipse. Do you ever go to Cannon Beach? I didn't click on the links, and you may've mentioned it. And Trailhead's talk of Halibut n Chips makes me miss the Northwest. There were a lot of them in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. Well, we do all have down days. Don't be afraid to share again :)

Ur-spo said...

i am glad blog-land gave you some comfort.
the hypocrisy of this senator! it burns my bacon.

daveincleveland said...

yeah i got leaves all over my backyard and just a tinge of red in the maples around here.......i am so glad you coming up for air, bad days just suck......:)

Billy said...

Glad to see 'ye feeling better' lad! Yes, down days are allowed, as long as they do not rule our world!

bardelf said...

Enjoy your time at the beach, Lewis. I'm glad that you're feeling better emotionally.

Homer said...

So were you always afraid to use the public restroom in Idaho?

Christopher said...

mmmm.....Burgerville...mmm...

tornwordo said...

I'm drooling about the Walla Walla onion rings. I don't think we're going to make it camping this year either, sigh.

Wayne said...

You must always make time for camping!
And glad your feeling a bit better.
You are widely loved in blogland!

Ryan said...

lewis just wanted 2 stop in and say thanx 4 all the love and support i also sent u an email.

Anonymous said...

wasn't it beautiful, I took a bunch of pictures to, i should have posted some of them. You always eat so good. When you coming down to Orlando again?

Unknown said...

Glad we could come to your rescue! We know you would do the same for us! We all love you!!

I want onion rings!

D-Man said...

Have you ever had the sweet potato fries they have when the walla wallas are out of season? Yummy, too.

Come to Idaho and go camping with us. We can go to the hot springs even when it's cold (even snowy!) and then retreat to the warmth of the camper to sleep - after the campfire has gone out, of course!

My grandmother would often recall, with great fondness, her many winter winter camping trips to Sebago Lake, in Maine - in the 1940's. Although I've never done it, her beautiful descriptions are stuck in my head.

There's still time, my friend. There's still time.