* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Naked in Orlando

We spent the whole day in Orlando naked....which is why you won't see any pictures from the day's mischievous events. The truth is that despite the fact that the lovely Sony camera rode around in my pocket the whole day, I am getting so comfortable with this warm and welcoming group that taking pictures has become a non-event. Well, the actuality beyond the truth is that I'm getting old and just plain old forgot. The kids from I Deal With It and Sorted Lives (plus both of their hubbys) treated me wonderfully....again. Mexican food this time, which I'm a sucker for. They're trying to talk me into some sushi or other Asian influenced cuisine next week.....um, hum, not really my thing so much. So, here's a summary of our conversations: US Senator Larry Craig (and other closeted white married Republicans) wanting to get their weenies sucked .... What makes a guy "gay" versus "straight" and if simply wanting to get your you-know-what sucked makes you gay (we decided not necessarily) ... Talked about other bloggers (so if you weren't there, you got dished on) ... "Puppy Love" 1972 by Donny Osmond ... "Seasons in the Sun" 1974 by Terry Jacks ... shopped a little at the Florida Mall and took the opportunity to check out several rather nice looking guys ... Bloggers who have been closing up their sites lately and why ... Sang along to Neil Sedaka's Laugher in the Rain .. Watched an afternoon storm move across the Orlando area from an excellent viewpoint, my hotel room ... How public education systems are funded (or not) ... We watched a little of the Ellen show like any good gay men would do ... confessed our cholesterol levels and what, if any, medications we were on to control them ... I tell you, it was riveting, compelling, and right on the edge of excitement.


I will be seeing some of these guys every Monday for the remainder of September.....man, am I lucky or what. To my friends in Orlando, THANK YOU. As always, I appreciated the chance to see you.

12 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

...and we loved seeing you! Despite what my precious "Babydoll" has to say.

"M" and I have talked about you ever since. We cannot get over what a great guy you are and the chance to see you again.

Thanks for booking this flight and the opportunity to show you more of our city. See you soon!

Michael Guy said...

You are blessed! Naked beach, Mexican food and blogger dish! Fabulous!

S said...

I knew my ears were burning for a reason...

Steve said...

Well, since there's no pictures, I don't believe any of this happened :P Although my ears have been burning a lot (like Steven's).

Dave2 said...

My ears weren't burning... but I DID have a burning sensation when I urinated yesterday. What were you saying about me to make THAT happen?

Mike said...

That tears it. It will be sushi, and you will like it.

LOL @ dave2

Steven said...

Glad you had a great time. AND the patience for these guys. ;-)

Too many Steve(n)'s posting here. We'll need to post our self-portraits.

Ur-spo said...

nakedness in florida? shocking and scandalous; no doubt it will lead to cards and social dancing...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have a blast everytime you get to Orlando! I didn't know there was a naked beach in Orlando, wait I didn't know there was a beach in Orlando. Where did ya'll drive too?

TigerYogi said...

I wondered why my ears were burning too... ;)

Rick Rockhill said...

sounds like you had a GREAT time. I didn't know you could have this much fun in Orlando!!! good post

Unknown said...

Sushi? Oh dear... hopefully they will have some tempura on the menu...