* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Orlando...Here I Come Again


I'm on my way back to see all of the good bloggers in Orlando. I actually have the pleasure of being there every Monday in September. They have always treated me so well time after time after time after time -- and I'm looking forward to seeing them again! Anybody in the Orlando area, you're welcome to join us Monday evening for dinner. There is nothing like great friends, warm food, and cool drinks. The laughter abounds and...suddenly....those who used to be only blips on in "virtual blogosphere internet emails" have become the greatest of friends. I'm forever grateful.

Well, I've never been more surprised than I was yesterday to discover that one of my family members has tossed his name in the hat for hopeful consideration of the soon-to-be vacated Idaho US Senator position. The toe-tapper Larry Craig is stepping down and my good relative, who I admire and have always enjoyed my time with despite our differing politics, has been a rising star in Idaho's politics in the last few years.

I was paid a great compliment today by a friend of twelve years. She is, what I would call, an elegant, beautiful woman in spite of a tough life. She came to me at a party today, sat down by me, and inquired how I've been doing. After a bit of small talk, she told me that she's been meaning to talk to me since her recent trip back to Boise (where we met years ago). She was reminiscing and thinking back over her difficult time in Boise. She said that in spite of it being one of the lowest, darkest parts of her life, she remembered me as being a bright spot in her time there. And how much joy I'd brought to her. And then she thanked me. I hope she passes along the blessing.
Pass along the peace today, would you?

18 comments:

Dave2 said...

Oh sure... and I won't get to Orlando until October!

Steve said...

Well, it sounds like a great day all the way around. Have fun in Whorelando :P

Anonymous said...

I think you've been the bright spot in many lives!

Have a great time in the big-O! Give them all an extra hug for me!

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

"me as being a bright spot in her time there."

It's always nice to have a little sunshine in your life. Thanks, Lewis!

Unknown said...

I need to be a flyboy.

TigerYogi said...

What a lovely gesture on your friend's part!

Enjoy Orlando! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Orlando. Dinner with good friends is always an event that takes away the stress of every day life.

Sorted Lives said...

I can't wait to see you again. So far, it's you and me, "M", Maryellen, and....Spider. As of Saturday, he is a GO! Mid-afternoon and Chris are a no due to prior commitments -- and no word on Actor Schmactor and Alt Mike.

I am sure you are going to love the restaurant of choice. I have been there numerous times this summer and have had a great experience. See you Monday afternoon.

Ohh, and say hello to that sexy hunk of man you call your husband!

Trailhead said...

Republican relatives? You must have gotten all the good genes in the family. :)

Have fun in Orlando!

Professor Benjamin Levi Marks said...

Hey, the family has hit the big time now!

Anonymous said...

You're the best, Lewis! Have fun, wish I could be there!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend with your friends. It sounds perfect!

Christopher said...

And just when are you bringing your butt to L.A.?...think I promised you a drink or three some time ago!

Great pic...ah, those eyes!

Greg said...

Have fun in Orlando. We're trying to head for Disneyworld in April if we can afford it.

Ur-spo said...

have a good time in florida, and be well.

Jimmi said...

When are you coming back here tramp!

Robert said...

Awh, too cute of a picture Lewis! :-)