* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Anderson Cooper Wants My Phone Number

So, there we were. Candy Crowley and myself. Driving down some city street. Just chatting the night away. It was after dark at the end of the day. I was just blathering away like I'd known her for years. "Candy, I swear, do you get any days off? I mean, it seems like you're always on air," I said to her. She said that these are some of the longest days she's ever encountered in her many years on television. I went on to tell her that my honey and I often watch and that sometimes she looks like she's been pulled through a rat hole backwards. She looks absolutely exhausted. She makes it clear that's because she IS tired....100% worn out. The obvious has been stated.

We continue driving and end up at Anderson Cooper's place. Just a casual style loft with people milling about. Fixing drinks, chatting, and having snacks. Candy and I enter, no one pays any attention. I'm over fixing a drink for myself when AC360 himself comes up behind me catching me totally off guard. "Hey, how's it going?," he asks. And just then, his right hand comes up alongside my face and he drags one of his journalistic fingers gently, sexually, across my right cheek. "Don't forget to leave your phone number," he whispers into my ear.

And then we kept right on talking like we'd known each other for years. Oh, I have no recollection of writing down my number for him.

(All of this happened in my head, just before I woke up and climbed out of bed early this morning...I should dream more often.)

21 comments:

K-A said...

You're nuts. I love it!

Nathan said...

Anderson Cooper, John King, and Lewis. Yes, please.

Doug said...

Anderson Cooper would be so lucky.

Robb said...

Anderson Cooper needs to visit my dreams too! Send him my way will ya?! "You're just too twisted for color tv!" LOL...Love your blog buddy!! :)

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a good dream friend! :)

WAT said...

Anderson Cooper!

DROOOOOOOOL

I saw Anderson live once in Hollywood. Next to the also very handsome JEFF CORWIN.

SIGH...

Ur-spo said...

my partner Someone would love to have Anderson Cooper - I'd be out of a job!

Anonymous said...

You actually had me goin' there for a while, Mister. I mean, c'mon...from you ANYTHING is possible!

Michael Guy said...

Morning wood is the most firm, I find.

travelling, but not in love said...

OMG. I want me a bit of AC action. He dreamy. And in your dreams.

Was I at the party? At least I have the good grace to dream about you....even if you were stroking the white sliced in the supermarket...

Laurie said...

I gave it to him for ya.Oh wait
it was MINE I gave him....oops!
Guess I better go fix that mistake.


HUGS!!!!!!

daveincleveland said...

damn damn damn.....and i agree with nathan and doug...he would be so lucky...just those anderson eyes alone....hmmmmmmmm

RAD said...

make sure you pass him my number too please. Dreams with Anderson are always good...

Greg said...

Damn! So what did you eat/drink just before bed. So I can make sure that's what I'm having....

dit said...

that is brilliant. I rarely remember my dreams. But that would be one to be remember. Lucky you. 8-)

tornwordo said...

Nice dream!

Mark in DE said...

HA! I love it. Dreams can be so interesting.

Mark :-)

Rick said...

I LOVE it when I dream. I hate it as I forget them as the day goes by.
Are you taller than Anderson?

Wayne said...

Great story! And a great dream!

Anonymous said...

You had me going there. But only for a second. NOT! More like you had me going the whole time. I like what Doug said! ;-)

Tony said...

OMG! You had me there for a minute .... If it was true, I was going to have to come over to PDX right away and bitch slap you. He's mine, I say ... mine!