* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Spirit Meets Idol Eyes

Like a horrible bout with flatulence, I've held it in long enough. Time's up. And since my cover has already been blown by the offending blogger, I may as well confess to it as well. For the first time in our nearly eleven years together, I am going on a vacation by myself. It's a little weird. I mean, we spend most of our entire lives together -- some work, home, vacations, etc. So, I'll spend a week making his dinners before I leave, making sure the laundry is done, and that all of his lunches are packed so that he'll be all taken care of. And the destination? Oh, the trenches of society are just dying to know -- so, without further addo, I give you to the man (and his hubby) with whom I'll be spending Columbus Day weekend. He's said it quite well, complete with the most flattering of photos. And we're hoping to hook up with this handsome man for a little dinner too! They are both amazing artists and I'm looking forward to seeing their work. I've blogged and emailed with both of them for a very long time and I'm more than excited to be finally meeting them in person.

10 comments:

Breenlantern said...

wow...introducing are upcoming meeting with fart jokes...I'm truly flattered....what was that you like eating? Any kind of red meat lathered in mayonnaise?

Doug said...

Have a great time and behave! ;)

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

Hey there - Can't wait to meet you! Hope we don't disappoint! Safe travels - A.

savante said...

Oh you're meeting alan!

So why isn't he coming along?

My adventures said...

what fun, i love meeting fellow bloggers...

Ur-spo said...

my parents have been having separate holidays as long as i remember; they are doing fine.
i hope your separate holiday is an agreeable one.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Love it! The pics. at idol eyes post were hilariously woven into his monologue! I bet you guys will have a BLAST!!!

Mark in DE said...

Sounds like great fun! Have a ball.

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Have yourself a fantabulous time together. Just don't talk about it too much when you get home. I so love it how you have stated that you are making pre-arrangements for the boi's dinners, lunches and laundry. You're too good!

Nathan said...

A vacation without your other half? I can't even imagine. Good thing you'll be in the company of friends :)