* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pasta In the Belly


We're stuffed like a pig on Thanksgiving, kids. The boys and their good friend Dan took me to Buca di Beppo in Albany. If you haven't been there, it's a family sort of joint where everything is served family style...you just order small or large of every item. So, we ordered large. And I swear to god, I didn't know food could be THAT big. The afternoon was beautifully warm when Sean and I took the pooch out for his big dump of the day. He's such a looker, that dog. He took his nap today on the pillows of my bed so I can hardly wait to climb into bed tonight and put my head where cutie pie Clyde napped today. The leaves on the trees are definitely on their way to fantastic shades of yellows and reds -- it's a perfect time of year to be in New York's capital city. We talked 9/11, family history, their new home, jobs, economy, and other such nuisances. Sean has put up a few pics on his site...scroll through to see them.

And I can't say enough about the handsomeness of these guys. Not just in looks but in spirit. They are genuine, pleasant, polite, and are so easy to just relax with, talk to, and basically do nothing with. It's exactly what the doctor ordered although I do miss my my hubby and pooch who have been left on their own way out on the West Coast. Especially after the events of the past week, I hope that my dear, devoted husband is okay....not too sad. I miss them. He tells me that Mason slept on my pillow all of last night without moving. Bliss.

8 comments:

Rick said...

Lewis you do get around. I'm sure you were a very good guest. I would love to be where it's cool and the leaves are turning. Such a great time of year.
You look like KC of the Sunshine Band fame in that top pic. :)

annie said...

what a fantastic trip. the way you describe your new friends 'genuine, easy to do nothing with', etc. - that sounds like you! i'll bet the sights and sounds are like your soul intertwining with outside forces. i can't wait to visit NYC, as well. be safe until you're back home, lewis!

Blair said...

I am so happy you are enjoying yourself. Mason will keep your pillow warm for you until you get home.

Billy said...

Boy, you do travel quite a bit. Have not 'read' around for a while, but good to catch up!

Lemuel said...

You had never been to a Buca's? I love the place: Tacky and just plain fun. It reminds me of going to dinner at old Italian friends in the coal region. The food is generally good.

I'm sure it's part of S&J's plan to make you stay.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! How terrific to meet such beautiful souls across the country! One of the best things to ever come of the internet!

Doug said...

Both the company and the scenery sound absolutely wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are having a fabu time in Albany. Definitely an experience never to be forgotten. And as much as you think it may be lonely out in Portland, there are about five of us keeping hubby company. He IS a great cook! ;-)