* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Beginning of Return to Center

I have begun to draft a new, written commitment to myself and my life. It's no surprise that it has been out of control for some time now. Just the simple act of writing things, ideas, down has been quite calming. I'm feeling a tremendous need to get back to basics in my life. Centering, balance, and focus have become my daily energies. And now that our nation has taken a turn for the worse, it adds that much fuel to my fire for refocusing. I feel a huge need to look at different things in my life. To stop looking at other things. The moon slivers, the faint hint of clouds in a clear sky, those are the things that have always spoken to me. But nowadays, they speak even more strongly. The television, the internet, are speaking less. Staring sounds perfect. Gazing is calling my name. I need to shed things that distract me. Things that erode my sanity and balance. My middle names are about to become Mountains, Sky, Rivers, Clouds, Trees and Grass. They remain staid. And that's what I need right now.

7 comments:

DanNation said...

Why don't we rent a cabin in the redwoods exactly halfway between us with ou husbands and the dogs - 5 days would be good. I'm serious.

Ur-spo said...

that sounds a good and sensible thing to do; I hope you will keep us posted to the progress.

Lemuel said...

When I read your post, "Dust in the Wind" (Kansas) played in my mind: "Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky".

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

Returning to what really matters is always the best course of action. In my limited experience, it's the distractions of modern life that get in the way of what might otherwise be simplicity and happiness. Glad to hear you're recentering things - much good-will headed your way.

BosGuy said...

I hope you are feeling better as you find your center.

Mimi said...

Two words (other than those) ;-))

Forrest Park.

I doubt your more than 20 minutes away. I use to love just sitting in the meadow, gazing, listening, birds, breezes...... myself.

I spent glorious minutes staring at the multitude of stars over the caribbean last night. I think your on to something.
Hugs Mi

Stephen said...

Lovely thoughts for a difficult time. I am also trying to really live in the moment...