* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Putting a Face With a Name

**Check out the new audio greeting for March to your left side**


In the next eight days I'm going to be meeting at least six fellow bloggers….and maybe even a couple more. It seems to have all come together….in a really cool way. I love life sometimes…where the individual journeys of many lead to a common place of sensation…..where gut-busting giggles and laughter, smiles from ear to ear, teasing and poking good fun at each other all add up to one of those times in life that just make it worth living. I know you know what I mean. This Wednesday, we're meeting David from Just David (Houston). He's coming to the Northwest to visit friends. And he made the mistake of mentioning it in his post. So, I've commandeered his trip and talked him into a quickie…..quickie trip to Portland, that is. We're having dinner together Wednesday evening with some of our friends (I wonder if he knows what he's in for……I'll be he saw the Margaritaville video on my post a few days back.) I love how this impromptu meeting has come together so beautifully. The spontaneity of the moment got a hold of both he and I…..and now it's all set! We're trying to decide on one of Portland's MANY delicious restaurants in one of our zillion nifty neighborhoods……Irvington, Laurelhurst, Belmont, Hawthorne, Fremont, Beaumont/Wilshire….and the list goes on.


Then, on Saturday March 10th, I'm joining in with LSL and a group of her blogger friends for drinks at the Kennedy School in Northeast Portland. If you're in the Portland area and would like to attend, you'll find an email RSVP in this post.

Then, on Tuesday, March 13, I'm going to be in Orlando on a working trip. I arrive at 07:25am on Tuesday morning (doesn't that sound like a lot of fun). After I catch a few ZZZs and try to conceal the huge bags under my eyes from flying all night and not getting too much sleep (I'll be way too excited to sleep), Keith from Sorted Lives has so graciously offered to pick me up for a little afternoon tour of the area. After that, we're returning to my hotel near Universal Studios to clean up, brush our teeth, reapply the rouge and foundation, and pull out any unsightly chin hairs, before we join Brett a.k.a. Spider, MiKell from I Deal With It, Kevin from Actorschmactor, and Eric from Mid-Afternoon Snack. And, there's a remote possibility that I've talked Ryan and his boyfriend Mike from Boys Are So Ugly But So Cute into driving over from Tampa for a little chow with us. (Do you think that the state of Florida actually allows that many "of our type” together all in the same place at the same time……I ’ll have to write Jeb and find out.....or maybe Katherine Harris....oh, wait, she's been booted out). We're going to a place called Tu Tu Tango for dinner. I can't decide which two I'll sit between…..hum. Maybe we can all get of our butts on the same chair so that we're all cozy. That way, there will be no fighting about who gets to sit by this old goat…..I hate it when girls end up in a cat fight. They are all so good about blogging, emailing, and chatting……and their writing skills are, of course, excellent. You can bet that the cameras will be all charged up and snapping evidence of "Orlando Mardi Gras 2007.” I couldn't be more happy about this whole thing. I mean, I've been blogging since late October and now I'm going to be able to put some funny blogosphere names together with the faces of some wonderful, handsome men. How many times in life does that happen? I'm thankful. I'm grateful. Another of our time on this earth's finest opportunities. To smile with -- and pat on the back -- some of the world's top-notch friends.

Anybody else going to be in Orlando then? Dinner anyone?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that is SO cool that you are going to be meeting so many bloggers in such a short time! I've only met 3 or so bloggers before. And sounds like you'll have a great time!

LSL said...

Yayyyy! So glad you can make it to TequilaCon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. If not a little bit scary, having six of you in the same room at a time! Have fun.

Single Guy said...

Bloggers Meet up is happening everywhere! I think it's great...

Sorted Lives said...

I can't wait to meet you. It should be a blast!!

Mike said...

We have a new governor now, so you'll want to bone up on the news before you get here.

*giggles*

I said "bone up".

My adventures said...

bone up!!! he he he... can't wait to meet you guys and i'm jealous about florida, hopefully they'll roll out the welcome mat for me too... i'm driving down with a friend and i told her to wear depends, we weren't stopping till we hit orlando ( that's a houston/orlando/crazy astonaut reference?) ... see you guys wednesday night...

Anonymous said...

It's a blogger marathon!

Looking forward to meeting you next week!

SlyD said...

You could always make a pitstop in Louisiana during your travels to or from Orlando! I could give you a tour of the deer stand!!! =)

Hope you have a great time!

Wayne said...

oh, very cool to meet some blogging friends! Can't wait to read about it!

Anonymous said...

next time you are up in Vancouver, drop me a line!!

Brettcajun said...

I am jealous you get to meet that Orlando crew. I have to get down there sometime myself! Have fun! Take lots of pics!

Kevin said...

You can sit between whomever you want. I'll sit across from you. That way I can slide my foot up your ... I mean, that way I can see you better as we all talk politely. :)

Doug said...

You'll have a blast! I wish we could come up, but can't do it mid-week. :(